Friday, December 5, 2014

Rimmel Does Better Than Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Moss in 107

I Caved, I bought the infamous 107 lipstick that EVERY YouTube Beauty Channel has this lipstick sitting among the angels in heaven. But to be COMPLETELY honest, I never thought it looked exceptionally pretty on ANYONE. It's just like me and Rebel, I go to Mac counters, swatch Rebel, put in on my lips, and going MEH! The difference between Mac and Rimmel is that if you do a Mac mistake, you spend at least twice the amount of cash that you do if you make a Rimmel Mistake. So I caved and I got the 107, and its recent Rimmel Kate Moss contender in 30, just because I thought this one looks nicer!
بعد سنتين من مقاومة شراء الحمره رقم 107 من ريميل كيت موس, وقعت تحت تأثير الضغط الجماعي واشتريته! مع انه بصراحه مكنتش احب اللون على وجوه الصبايا اللي بحكو عنه. المسأله بالظبط متل مشكلتي مع ماك ريبيل, كل ما اروح عدكانة ماك بجربه علي وولا مره حبيته! بس الفرق بين انك تشتري اشي بتحبيهوش من ماك وبين انك تشتري اشي بتحبيهوش من ريميل انك بماك بتدفعي اضعاف ما بتدفعي بريميل! المهم, قررت اشتري 107 وكمان المنافس الجديد اله من ريميل برضو ورقمه 30, انه بركي اذا محبيتش 107 احب 30.




On the first day after I received the lipsticks I went ahead and put 107 on and headed out the door. I literally felt UNCOMFORTABLE throughout the entire day, I didn't have any other lip product in my handbag, and I was stuck with 107. At the time, I haven't swatched 30 yet. When I got back home. I decided to do a quick little lipsticks test! I took off the lipstick on one side of my mouth and went ahead and applied Rimmel Kate Moss in 30! OH LORD, what a difference a lipstick makes. The colors are close, but I MUCH, but really MUCH PREFER 30 over 107!
باليوم اللي وصلو في اللونين, مباشرة حطيت 107 ورحت عالشغل! بس طول النهار مكنتش مرتاحه, ولانه مكنش معي حمره تانيه بالجزدان, علقت مع حمره محبيتهاش علي! وقتها مكنتش بعدني مجربه رقم 30. لما روحت عالبيت قررت افحص قديش اللونين بشبهو بعض. قمت 107 عن نص من شفافي, وحطيت محله رقم 30! الفرق اللي حسيته!!! هني الاوان متشابه, بس انا بفضل رقم 30 عن 107 بكتير!





Let me show you the results of the test! Do you see what I see?
تعالو افرجيكو نتيجة الفحص! شايفين؟



Left to Right: 107, 30
شمال لليمين
(Its all about the little differences)



I'll start by describing 107 just to get it over with. This is a red toned berry, it has a cool undertone to it, and it has a semi matte finish. It is supposed to be completely matte, but now that I dipped my toes into the Mac Matte lipsticks pool, this isn't as matte as... Smoked Purple for example. It applies nicely like all the lipsticks I've tried from the Kate Moss lipsticks line, and it lasts well as long as you don't do a lot of eating or drinking. It does stain the lips. And it smells lovely! It does not feel particularly dry on the lips. I mean I love these range of lipsticks, I just cant stand the color.
بدي ابلش احكيلكو عن 107 عشان اخلص منه! اللون بشبه لون التوت البري بس عأحمر, ونسبيا فش في لمعه. هو مفروض يكون مات, بس اذا بقارنو بالاوان المات من ماك, متلا سموكد بربل, بتشوفو انه مش عنجد مات. الحمره بتنحط بسهوله عالشفاف, متل كل الالوان من سلسلة كيت موس, وبضاين وقت منيح بدون اكل او شرب. بصبغ الشفاف شوي. وريحته حلوه! بحسش انه بنشفلي شفافي. يعني انا معنديش مشكله مع الحمره نفسها, مشكلتي مع اللون!







But on the other hand, we have 30, which is a pure berry color, not enough red in it to qualify as a red berry. This line of lipsticks does not claim to be matte, so this lipstick has a nice creamy finish to it. In terms of texture and performance, I don't have anything to add than what I have already stated above, I really really like the formula of these bad boys. Oh, and the price!
اما رقم 30, لونه متل التوت البري بس بدون الحمار الموجود ب 107. هاد النوع بحكيش انه مات, فهو فيه لمعه ملحوظه عالشفاف. من ناحية الجوده, هو ممتاز, متل كل النوع هاد من كيت موس. يعني فش شو اضيف عن شو صرت حاكيه. اه, نسيت احكي انه السعر ممتاز!







I wouldn't say that 30 is universally better than 107, but if you prefer a pure berry as opposed to a red berry, then you and I may prefer 30 over 107, and its OK to go against the stream every now and then, it makes you feel more as an individual than a clone of every other YouTuber or Beauty Blogger.
بصراحه انا مش جاي احكي انه 30 احلى من 107 وانه عندي اثباتات علميه عالموضوع. المسأله مسألة ذوق وشو كل وحده بتفضل. عكلن, منيح الواحد يمشي عكس التيار مرات, بتضلكو حاسات حالكو مميزات بشي اشي, مش نسخه عن كل الصبايا الباقيه!

2 comments:

  1. I feel what you mean, Carol, about a subtle difference in undertone. For my personal preference there always needs to be a tiny bit of warmth (a pinch of dark chocolate) in my dark berry "jam". So my recent seasonal lip colour favourites include YSL Glossy Stain in #2 Brun Glacier, Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro in #201 Dark Velvet, Buxom Big & Healthy in Amsterdam and TF Matte in Velvet Cherry. Those are perfect for N/NC-10/12 winter pale face and neck. Most importantly, a lip colour either "speaks" to me, or I cannot wear it. Love and kisses xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally do cool toned lips! Well, I have been doing it a lot with Mac Smoked Purple and Rimmel Kate Moss in 04. I LOVE the YSL glossy stains, I have two but I want more! I think I loved either number 1 or number 5, I must NOT be persuaded into getting them both though! the tom ford matte line DID NOT look as interesting to me as I had anticipated, EXCEPT for Pussycat! I feel like if I get Charlotte Tilbury's Glastonbury and Love Liberty, and Tom Ford Pussycat, I will become the happiest lady that ever lived! until the next release of awesome lip products of course!!

    ReplyDelete