Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Matte Top Coat on Metallic Nail Polishes

Matte, Metallic, an oxymoron! But isn't it interesting to try and see what ends up happening if we just mix the two together?
Today I have the epitome of shiny nail polishes, OPI's OPI With a Nice Finish! There's  nothing more metallic than that gold, except for a smile! Take a look, absorb the shine! Yup, there is absolutely nothing matte about this bad boy!
مات, لامع, كلمتين عكس بعض كلياً! بس مش مثير للفضول فكرة انه نجرب ونشوف شو بصير لما ندمجهن مع بعض؟
اليوم معي لون مناكيرالي بيتلخصو فيه كل الوان المناكير اللامعه, واسمه مكتوب بخط خميل فوق! مفش اشي بلمع اكتر من الذهب, ما عدا البسمه طبعا! القولكو نظره, شوفو اللمعه! فش باللون هاد ولا نتفة مات!



Now its time for the scientific experiment, put on your chemistry lab glasses and lets get started! I have the Chic Matte Topcoat which I have tried with regular cream nail polishes, and believe you me, it works! Today I want to see if it can mattify metallic nail polishes, I am not sure what to expect, but that's why we're in this together!
Applied two coats of OPI With a Nice Finish, waited for it to dry down, and now I'm going with a layer of this mattifying top coat. I wish I didn't have to wait for a minute to see the results, but here we go, take a look!
اسا اجا وقت التجارب العلميه, البسولكو نظارات مختبرات الكيميا و يلا نبلش! عندي طبقه اضافيه بحطوها عالمناكير من شركة شيك اللي مفروض تحول كل لون لمات, انا جرتها من قبل وبوافق بانها بالفعل حولت الالوان من مع لامعه لمات. اليوم حبيت افحص اذا بتقدر تحول الالوان اللي مع لمعه قويه بالاخص مثل المعادن لمات, معنديش توقعات معينه, عشان هيك عم منجرب الاشي سوا!
حطيت طبقتين من المناكير الذهبي واستنيته ينشف, وبعدين حطيت طبقه وحده من المناكير المات عواحد من الاصابع, وطبعا استنيت ينشف!





To be honest I wanted the matte effect to be MUCH MUCH more prominent than it turned out to be, there is still a lot of shine, I would say that the shine has dulled down by 30%-ish, which is not enough in my opinion.
I guess I was, or I though I was, putting it in a Freddie Mercury way, 'defying the laws of gravity.' Clearly that did not happen. But being the determined beauty blogger I'd like to think I am, I applied a shiny top coat (Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Topcoat) on the other nail that did not have anything on it just to see if it would make a difference, and here are the results I guess.
بصراحه النتيجه كانت اقل من شو انا كنت متوقعه. اللمعه بعدها ملحوظه, بظن انها خفت بحوالي 30%, وانا مش مكتفيه بالنتيجه هاي!
الظاهر اني كنت مفكره حالي رح الاقي طريقه امشي عكس قوانين الطبيعه, عكس الجاذبيه, وواضح انه الاشي مصرش. بس بما اني مصره عنتايج احسن, حطيت طبقه لامعه عالاصبع التاني عشان اشوف فرق اكبر, وايها النتيجه!



You can definitely see a clearer difference now, but its not enough for me to have an AHA (not alpha hydroxy acid, though that would be interesting!!) moment and feel all proud for accomplishing a beauty hack of some sort!
What do you guys think? A bit of a let down right? I think it is anyway!
الفرق اكبر اسا, بس مش كافي عشان يرضيني ويحسسني بالفخر بأكتشافاتي!
شو رايكو عكل حال؟ خيبة امل, صح؟ هيك انا بقول!

No comments:

Post a Comment