Tuesday, December 23, 2014

A Dupe or Not a Dupe, That is the Question: Mac Smoked Purple Vs Rimmel 04


This season, all I wanted to wear on my lips was a semi black color! No, I'm not feeling the Gothic era, now am I emotionally unstable, I am a young lady with a fashion/beauty preference! What ended up happening is that I impulsively purchased a lipstick by Rimmel, which is in the Lasting Finish by Kate Moss in number 04, it has a black packaging, and I instantly fell in love! my students hated the lipstick on me but I am not wearing anything to please anyone but myself!
بالفتره الاخيره عم بحب احد حمره غامقه لدرجه انها على وشك تكون سودا. انه لا انا مش عم بمرق بمأساه بحياتي, ومش يأسانه ولا حاسه ياضطرابات عاطفيه, انا صبيه بتفضل شكل اشي معين من الموضه, او جانب معين من المواضيع المتعلقه بالجمال والتجميل. اللي صار اني اشتريت قلم حمره من ريميل باندفاع, والحمره اسمها مكتوب فوق بالخط العريض, ومن اول مره استعملتها وقعت بحبها. طلابي كرهو اللون, بس انا بلبسش الوان او ستايلات عشان ارضي حدا غيري انا!

So yeah Rimmel Kate Moss in 04 in a dark dark dark purple. On the lips I almost feel like it has a  browny gray undertone. Its glamorous. The first time I wore it I kept smiling to myself thinking I was the most badass woman in the holy land. But then I rocked it with being self conscious at all, its almost as if we got married! It applies sooo creamily like all the lipsticks I tried from the Kate Moss range, it can be sheered out or really built up. The more you build it up the glossier it turns. The lasting finish is decent, with reasonable eating and drinking I can get up to 4 hours of wear. And it does not dry my lips out. And here's the lipstick for you to see.
المهم! الحمره رقم 04 من ريميل لونها ليلكي غااااااامق! عالشفاف بحس انه فيها شوي رمادي على بني, كتير حلوه! اول مره حطيت هاد اللون كنت اضحك بيني وبين حالي حسيت اني انسان شبه متطرف, اني مشيت 180 درجه عكس نساء الاراضي المقدسه, بس بعدين تعودت! الحمره هاي بتنحط بسهوله, ملمسها ناعم بشبه الزبده! ممكن يتخفف اللون وممكن يتقوى, وكل ما قوي اللون اكثر كل ما صار يلمع اكتر. اللون هاد بضل عالشفاف تقريبا 4 ساعات مع اكل وشرب خفيف, وبحسش باخر النهار انه نشف شفافي. واياه اللون زي ما انتو شايفين.



As I said, this shade hit me like a cupid would, I didn't see it coming, and it happened really quickly. But being a lipstick lover, I had to get more similar shades, and I had one shade in particular that I had my eyes on. Mac Smoked Purple is another total stunner in my opinion. I also feel like there's a browny gray undertone to this, probably even stronger than the Kate Moss one. The main difference that I found between the two is purely the finish, Mac Smoked Purple is classified as a Matte lipstick, and judging by my experience in Mac's Matte lipsticks, this one feels drier than most of their matte lipsticks, so it does drag a little bit on the lips, and that means that it doesn't give full on pigment immediately. However all this negativity translates to more longevity, *TIN*, we've got a longevity winner! I'll show you a picture of it right now!
متل ما قلت, هاد اللون عمل فيي متل الحب من اول نظره! بس مكتفيتش بس بلون واحد غامق لهالدرجه! اللون اللي كان براسي من ماك واسمه مكتوب بالخط العريض فوق. كمان هاد اللون حلو بشكل مش طبيعي! حسيت انو يمكن فيه اكتر بني على رمادي من اللون من ريميل. الفرق الاساسي بين اللونين حسب رايي هو درجة اللمعان وكمان سهولة الاستعمال. ماك صنفت هاد اللون على انو مات, يعني بدون لمعه, وعلى فكره, بالمقارنه مع الالوان المات من ماك, هاد بنعد من اكترهن نشاف, واكترهن صعوبه بالاستعمال. بما انه نسبيا ناشف, هاد بعني انه اللون مش رح يكون 100% متجانس لما تحاولو تحطو عالشفاف, واللون مش رح يكون قوي من اول ما تحاولو تحطو, يعني لازم تبنو قوة اللون. بس كل هاي السلبيات بتعملو لون بقعد عالشفاف وبتحركش كل النهار, يعني من اكتر الالوان اللي بتضاين عالشفاف. واللون اياه تحت.


Now to make to comparison as  precise as possible, let me show you the following picture!
عشان تكون المقارنه دقيقه, شوفو الصوره تحت.

I applied the Rimmel 04 on the left half and Mac Smoked Purple on the right half
When worn side by side, I found it harder to notice the differences, simply because the shine of Rimmel's 04 isn't super glossy, its just glossy enough for it not to count as a matte. So I'm leaving the verdict for you. What do you think? Are they close enough to be dupes? Leave your answers in the comments bar down below :)
لما حطيتهن جنب بعض كان صعب علي الاقي فرق بينهن, بالذات لانو اللون من ريميل مش كتير لامع, اللمعه فيه كافيه عشان ميكونش مات. عشان هيك رح اترك الحكم الكو. شو قلتو؟ اللونين قراب كفاي عشان يكونو متطابقين؟ اتركولي اجوبتكو تحت بصندوق التعليقات عشان اعرف :)

No comments:

Post a Comment